Sunday, January 6, 2013

What Do I Have to Lose?

Do you hear that?

No.

Well, I do.

It's the sound of my post-baby weight loss grinding to a halt.

I've been denying it for, oh, a week or so now and hiding from it in yoga pants and long-ish tops. But a couple of weeks ago there was no getting around it as I wasn't getting into a whole lot of anything as I tried to pick out something to wear to Isaac's Christmas program.

Outfit No. 1: Denim skirt, plum shirt (it's actually a pajama top, but shhhhhh, don't tell), a scarf, and tights. That's right. I said tights. It gets better. I had the pleasure of a running commentary from a certain 5 year old and 3 year old while trying on this particular ensemble.

"Look at mom's underpants!" Tripp exclaimed.

Let me assure you there is nothing special about my unmentionables. Or funny either. It's just the word underpants is hilarious to a 3 year old.

And then there were the tights. The control top tights. I'll spare you the details of the acrobatics I had to perform to get into those puppies.

"What are those?" Isaac asked.

"I think they're pants," Tripp whispered.

Isaac didn't appear to be convinced.

And I wasn't convinced this outfit was going to work. At all.

Outfit No. 2:  Pre-pregnancy jeans (now I'm just a glutton for punishment), mustard maternity top, black jacket, and scarf. By now the boys were bored, so yeah, just me celebrating the fact that I got into the jeans. But, just because you can get them on doesn't mean you should wear them. That was definitely the case.

Outfit No. 3: Maternity jeans (hangs head in shame), mustard maternity top, black jacket, and scarf. Notice I always have a scarf. Always. Scarves have always been a staple in my wardrobe. Fashion gurus say they add visual interest. Right now they're acting as camouflage for the mid-section.

You know what else can camouflage a little postpartum pudge? A baby. And you better believe I was workin' that.






No comments:

Post a Comment