Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hurt

I know you've said it.

And I have too.

I can't even imagine.

I can't.

And I've lost a child.

But I honestly cannot imagine the horror that took place in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.

I don't want to.

And yet, I tuned into the news coverage over the weekend, in an attempt to wrap my head around what happened. In doing so, I caught glimpses of parents, their faces awash in shock, disbelief, and grief. I guess it's only natural that I saw myself in them, felt their knees buckle and their stomachs get all knotted up.

But, I'm willing to bet you did too.

As coverage unfolded, names of the victims were released. And then, photographs began popping up on social media sites. Photographs of the children, those sweet, sweet children. And their smiles.

Such a stark contrast.

What was and what will be.

It's not often that I'm at a loss for words, but today there are no words really. Just hurt.

And for that, I'm so sorry.


1 comment:

  1. What was and what will be. What a difference. Sending you a hug today.

    ReplyDelete