Monday, June 15, 2015

A Sacred Space

I've decided to move all of Addison's CarePages entries over to the blog. I'm not sure why really. I guess I feel like I need to have it all together. Safe.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I referred to Addie as Addison, her given name, in Paragraph 1. I do that from time to time. When she was here she was Addison to everyone else. Addie to us. Now that she is gone, and we've invited everyone in - through blog entries, through charity runs, through everyday conversation on the street - you've come to know her (and love her, I hope). So, you call her Addie too. And that's fine. In fact, nothing pleases me more than to hear from people who say, "I didn't know Addie, but I feel like I do."

But every once in awhile, I call her Addison. I guess I need to be different every so often. To remind myself that she is mine.

So, I'm asking for extra thoughts as I retrace my steps.

I'm entering a sacred space.


1 comment:

  1. May you find some peace in doing this. I too try and keep Dimitri's things together. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete